Individual Coaching Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions govern your enrollment and participation in VIP individual coaching with Meredith Canaan, conducted through MC Tesseract, LLC.
The following Terms and Conditions set forth your rights and responsibilities and constitute your contract with MC Tesseract, LLC, which operates the coaching services. We encourage you to read all of the following terms carefully before completing your purchase. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
In the following Terms and Conditions, the term “Company” refers to MC Tesseract, LLC, along with its owners, officers employees, contractors, agents, successors, and assigns.
By completing your purchase, you agree to all of the following Terms and Conditions, along with any additional terms, policies, and procedures that are incorporated by reference, including not necessarily limited to the term and conditions for membership in the Love Then Lead program and any generally applicable policies and procedures Company has in place (all of which can be provided upon request).
- Included Services. You will receive private, one-on-one coaching sessions conducted by Meredith Canaan that will last approximately 45 – 55 minutes each. The number of sessions you receive (in total and/or per month) and number of months your package lasts are specified on the checkout page corresponding to the package you are purchasing. In addition, you are entitled to a bonus Love Then Lead membership for the duration of your package, subject to all terms and conditions of the Love Then Lead program, which are hereby incorporated by reference.
- Payment. You agree to pay Company the amounts specified and in the number of payments specified on the checkout page corresponding to the package you are purchasing. You also agree to update your payment method provided to Company at the time of purchase when appropriate. You understand that you are committing to a certain number of payments regardless of whether you take advantage of the services described above. This is not a monthly subscription program that may be cancelled at any time.
- Refund Policy. Meredith Canaan has limited time in her schedule for individual coaching. In addition, Company devotes considerable time, money, and effort to preparing for your individual coaching sessions. Therefore, all payments, once received, are nonrefundable.
- Scheduling Policy. You are responsible for scheduling your own coaching sessions using the scheduling method supplied by Meredith Canaan. You will reach out to Meredith via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any scheduling questions or problems. If you do not schedule a session for a given calendar month, that session is forfeited unless you have made prior arrangements with Meredith to use the session in a following month. (In other words, your sessions do not “roll over” from month to month.)
- Cancellation Policy. If Company cancels a scheduled session, that session will be rescheduled to a later date convenient to you and will not be forfeited. If you wish to cancel or reschedule a scheduled session, you must give Meredith at least 24 hours’ notice. You must make every effort to reschedule the cancelled session within the same calendar month. The session may be held in a following month only by agreement with Meredith. If you cancel a schedule session with less than 24 hours’ notice (or you fail to appear for a scheduled session), that session will be forfeited.
- No Professional Services. You understand and acknowledge that the services provided under these Terms are in the nature of personal and business coaching. The services are not, and should not construed as: mental health services, physical health services, accounting services, or legal services.
- Suspension. You may request that Company suspend (or “pause”) your coaching services for a period of up to one month. Although Company retains sole discretion over such a request, Company agrees not to unreasonably deny such a request when your circumstances warrant a suspension. If any suspension continues for longer than one month, Company may require you to pay any higher rate then in effect in order to restart your coaching services.
- Termination by Company. Company may terminate your services, and you will not be required to make any further payments, if: (a) you fail to make any payment without making prior arrangements with Company; (b) you or your business engage in conduct that is disparaging or disruptive to Company; (c) you breach or violate any provision of these Terms; and/or (d) Company determines, in Company’s sole discretion, that you are not a good fit for Meredith’s coaching and you are not getting value out of the coaching.
- Termination by Client. You may terminate your services at any time for any reason. Should you terminate your services, then you are still obligated to make all payments to which you agreed, and you are not entitled to any refund.
- Confidentiality, Generally. The individual coaching experience functions best when you and your coach can communicate with one another openly and honestly, and when privacy and confidentiality are respected. To that end, Company will make reasonable efforts to safeguard your privacy. Company will not release your personal, financial, or business information or communications to any third party without your consent, except as specified below.
- Confidentiality Limitations. You understand and acknowledge that your relationship with your coach and the Company is not legally privileged, and that there are practical and legal limits to confidentiality. Accordingly, you understand that Company may divulge your information or communications to third parties when (a) Company is properly subpoenaed or ordered to do so by a law enforcement agency, administrative agency, or court of competent jurisdiction; (b) Company forms a reasonable suspicion that you are engaged in child or elder abuse, or (c) Company forms a reasonable suspicion that you may imminently cause harm to yourself or others.
- Confidentiality and Technology. You understand and acknowledge that there are inherent confidentiality risks in the use of modern technology such as, but not limited to, email, cell phone, text, Skype, Zoom, Facebook, Facetime, and similar platforms and technologies. You understand that Company and its agents are active on various social media platforms. You voluntarily accepts the risks associated with using various technologies and with Company and its agents’ participation on various platforms. You will not hold Company liable for data breaches suffered by third parties or for unintentional violations of confidentiality that may occur despite Company and its agents taking reasonable precautions.
- Intellectual Property. From time to time Company may supply to you material that represents the creative and intellectual work product of Company, its agents, and/or its licensors. You do not acquire any ownership or other interest in any such material. You are allowed to use such material for its intended purposes only in your life and business. You will not give, sell, loan, or otherwise transfer any such material in any form to any other person or entity. You also will not portray yourself as the creator or owner of any such material.
- Proprietary Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions represent creative and intellectual work product and are specifically designed to protect both you and Company in the context of the package you have purchased. These Terms and Conditions are not suitable for any other purpose and indeed may cause legal harm if used in any other context. You will not copy, modify, use, give, or sell these Terms Conditions for any reason
- Your Responsibility. You are solely responsible for consulting with a licensed professional in fields such as physical health, mental health, accounting, law, or any other field which requires a professional license before making any decisions or taking actions that may affect your life and business. You will not hold Company liable for your failure to consult with an appropriate licensed professional or your failure to follow such professional’s advice. Additionally, you understand that all decisions in life and business come with a degree of risk and no outcome is certain. You understand and acknowledge that Company cannot promise or guarantee any particular outcome or result from your purchase. It is your responsibility to perform your own due diligence before making any decisions or taking any action. You will not hold Company liable for the failure to attain an desired outcome or result.
- Liability Waiver. You will not hold Company liable in any way for any damages or losses that you may incur, whether personal or business, as a direct or indirect result of actions or decisions that you take or do not take in response to your purchase of the coaching package, participating in any coaching, and/or use of any material Company supplies to you.
- Indemnity. You will indemnify Company against any and all liability to third parties arising from actions or decisions that you take or do not take in response to your purchase of the coaching package, participating in any coaching, and/or use of any material Company supplies to you.
- Dispute Resolution. Should any dispute arise from these Terms and Conditions or your enrollment or participation in the coaching package, you will first attempt to resolve the dispute through amicable conversation and negotiation with Company. Should amicable conversation and negotiation be insufficient to resolve the dispute, you will engage in mediation through a qualified third-party mediator chosen by you and Company. The results of such mediation will be binding and will be deemed strictly confidential. You agree that litigation in a court of law or equity is a last resort only, and the prevailing party in any litigation will be entitled to all reasonable costs and fees. Should you reside in any jurisdiction the laws of which provide that its residents may not be subjected to mandatory dispute resolution provisions, then you have the right to opt out of this paragraph by sending a written opt-out request to Company within 30 days of agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
- Liquidated Damages. Should you prevail against Company in any dispute arising from these Terms and Conditions or your enrollment or participation in the coaching, then any damages you recover will be limited to a refund of any amounts paid to Company for your enrollment, and such refund will be deemed liquidated damages for losses of any kind, whether personal or business, whether economic or non-economic, and whether physical or psychological.
- Unforeseen Circumstances. Neither you nor Company will hold the other responsible for a delay or failure to perform when the delay or failure is caused by natural disaster, diplomatic or military incident, intervention of civil or military authority, or similar circumstance that a reasonable person would agree is beyond the control of the delayed or non-performing party.
- Severability. Should any portion of these Terms and Conditions be adjudicated invalid, you and Company agree that all remaining portions shall, to the extent possible, remain in effect.
- Choice of Law. These Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted under the laws of the State of California without regard to conflict of law provisions. Any action to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions must be brought in Los Angeles County, in the State of California.
- Complete Agreement. These Terms and Conditions, along with the portion of the checkout page corresponding to number of sessions, months, and pricing, and any other documents incorporated herein, constitute the entire agreement between you and Company with respect your coaching package. No amendment shall have effect unless in writing and signed by both you and Company.